Friday, November 6, 2015

(Winnie the Horse Gentler) Chapter 3: That's What Friends Are For

    Disclaimer: Yep, another one. I'm sorry if it bothers you, but, first of all, that's part of the rules(copyright), and second of all, Mackall deserves credit. She did an amazing job, and look at what I get to work with! :D
  Remember, comment! Review! Give me ideas! I will do shout outs, I promise you, but let me know if you don't want one for your privacy. I understand. 
  Enjoy!
                                                 - Hope :)
 _________________________________________
  
  Two days later, I ran up the steps of Catman's house and knocked loudly on the door, eager to tell him my plan. Once he opened it, I sprang inside, barely even noticing the usually disorienting time travel. 
  Catman stared at me, waiting for me to say what I obviously had to say.
  "Okay, so, I was thinking about what you said, and I have an idea!" I said excitedly, bouncing on my toes. 
  He raised both eyebrows. "I dig. What's the skinny?" He leaned against the wall.
  "I've been researching, and apparently, a plane just went missing. It was a private jet, owned by someone named..." 
  I took off my backpack and began rummaging through it. 
  "Hold on... just a second... oh, wait, the zipper's stuck..." 
  Catman watched me with an amused expression. But I didn't care, because I had finally gotten the paper out. I'd printed out something from a website featuring our local paper. I read off the paper, "...someone named Alessandra Lucy-Anne Rebecca Johannson. Pretty sure you hippies call it a 'bad handle', right? Familiar?" When I didn't get an answer, I looked up. 
  Catman's face was pale. 
  "Catman... what's wrong?" I asked uncertainly.
  "Family... friend. Man, she used to watch me when I was an ankle biter." 
  From knowing Catman, I was familiar enough with hippie slang, and ankle biter meant 'kid'.
  "Hated her. Claire and Bart were gone for anniversary. Burg was crashing on me." Burg was one of Catman's many feline followers.
  "She came in, bagged some bucks and booked." 
  I stared at him. I was still learning the hippie language. 
  Catman understood, because he repeated the sentence, this time in English. "She came in, stole some money and ran off with it." 
  I nodded in comprehension."What did your parents say when they found out?" I asked.
  "Didn't." 
  "Catman!"
  He shrugged. "What's the plan?"
  The plan. Right.
  "Well, what if they were on the same plane with her? They could be somewhere close, with no help! We have to find them!"
  Catman whistled. "Far out!"
  "Wait, so you're actually... agreeing with me?" I said, hesitating on the word 'agreeing'.
  "Yeah, man, whatever it takes."


  I saddled up Nickers bright and early. It was Saturday, so I had all day to do whatever. 
  And I was going to spend that time alone, with Catman, in the woods, camping, on a search mission, in the freezing winter. 
  Great way to spend your time, Winnie.
  I waited, but not for long. Catman appeared behind me, nearly scaring me to death with his cat-like antics.
  "Catman!"
  "Chill!"
  Note to self: Don't give Catman any more reason to say, chill. There's already way to much of that.
________________________________________________________________________   
  Let me know if you enjoyed this chapter, what you liked and didn't like. I'm sorry if it was short, but I had to get up early to work on this before school, and I had a bit of writer's block. Oops.
  Please comment, and tell your buds!
                                            - Hope :)
  
  

4 comments:

  1. This was really good as usual!! I can't wait to hear more about Winnies family-we dont know much about them but still, I really liked it. Just wondering, how many parts are you planning on making(if you know?)
    Kisses, Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kisses-rose! I will incorporate the family at a deeper level later, don't worry. And the truth is, it's kind of hard to tell how many parts there will be. Basically, I'm doing it until the story is complete (well, a story is never complete, but... you know). Thank you so much for your feedback! It means a lot more than you know! Keep reading... the story will just get better...

      P.S. Let me know if you would like a shout-out, I will do it whenever you want!
      - Hope :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying to my comments! I don't mind whether I get a shout out but I would really appreciate it if you checked out my blog? I dont know whether you have or not - they should get things that name your blogs visitors!!!
      Kisses, Rose
      xxx

      Delete
    3. I love replying to comments! Comment any time you want! I'll definitely give you a shout out. ;D I will also (totally!) check out your blog! I love to see other people's ideas. And you're right, they should definitely let you see your blog visitors.
      P.S. I would have checked you blog out already if I'd know that you had one!
      P.P. S. You're a good commenter...
      - Hope :)

      Delete